A playful revamp on the classic top knot, I recently wore this look to brunch as a quick little ‘do. It is the perfect style to wear when your hair is a bit unwashed….a favorite way to keep my hair on the weekend and let it just be. Keep the style fresh with this look.
Follow below for the how-to and the step by step.
You will need:
Teasing comb or brush
Hairspray| Used: Kerastase Laque Dentelle
Dry Shampoo or Kerastase Volume in Powder
1) Part your hair and tease the sides and crown, spraying a light hold hairspray after.
2) Smoothing the sides,leave the volume at the crown and make a ponytail. Leaving 1/4 of the ponytail out, place a hair donut over the ponytail and secure at the base on each side with a Bobby pin where the hair and donut meet.
3) Braid the left out section, and secure with a small clear elastic. Lightly pull the braid apart to thicken it. Using a dry shampoo or volumizing spray, spritz the ponytail. Back comb the ponytail, letting the hair fall down as you go.
4) Flipping the ponytail over the base of the pony, coil the hair around the donut and secure the bun with Bobby pins at the base where needed.
5) Wrap the braid over the bun securing the ends with a bobby pin. Spritz hairspray all over to finish the look, smoothing the sides and keep the messy texture elsewhere.
One of my favorite things to do on a lazy Sunday is treat myself to a little at home spa day. It usually involves a bath filled with Epsom salts and essential lavender oil. As well as a few DIY mask’s and body scrubs. The Epsom salt in a hot bath will actually help to pull toxins out of your skin. Have you ever noticed the bath water actually change color because of it? It can become a little murky or take on a grey-brown hue. Those are toxins actually being released through your skin. A great way to end the weekend and prepare your body for the coming week is to enjoy a Detox Bath. This will help to promote energy and clarity. It is especially great to do when you feel a cold coming on, as it will remove toxic buildup and help to strengthen the immune system.
Epsom salts are inexpensive and can be found at most local pharmacies. My favorite is Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salt.
To enjoy a Detox Bath, add 2 cups of epsom salt to a hot bath. Soak for at least 20 minutes. Once done, give yourself time to relax and be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day.
Figuring out what to do with your hair for a wedding can be a bit daunting. You don’t want to make it look like you tried too hard, but it is still a fun event and now is the time to have fun with your hair and break out of your everyday routine. One of my go to ways to wear my hair, is by first waving it and then either twisting it from one side to the other and leaving the one side down for a soft but sexy look A La Veronica Lake. If you want to kick it up a bit and you know how to do a French braid, braid it to the side like the look below.
Another go to style that I absolutely love for a wedding in the summer or a destination wedding in the tropics, is a messy top knot. It’s a classic look that will hold no matter how windy it is on the beach during the ceremony or how humid and hot it gets on the dance floor. I have even taken it up a notch by wrapping the base of the top knot with a braid.. just a simple braid not even a french braid. You can do it sister. Wear one of these styles to your next wedding you attend for a fresh style!